software and systems engineer
Programming in Go, Python, PHP, Perl, and Bash, system administration of Linux, Windows, and BSD systems, virtualization, containers, and performance optimization at scale.
Side projects include building a Linux distribution, a web frontend for Git, and a large-scale music analyzer.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from University of California, Los Angeles
- Built several proof of concept machine learning pipelines.
- Built production website with about a million users per month.
- Proposed and built a hardware lab, now maintaining it. Handling its several thousand USD budget.
- Built reporting pipeline handling terabytes of data daily.
- Worked on Big Data / Massively Parallel Processing systems, including Greenplum Database, Apache Hadoop, and related technologies.
- Researched and designed data science algorithms and using Map / Reduce and SQL to implement them, focusing on lossy data aggregation techniques.
- Closely worked with another team working on machine learning to insure high performance and high accuracy in their data processing.
- Designed and implemented a common development environment and monitoring system, increasing uptime of an inherited system from 50% to 99%.
- Performed hardware and software support; reduced ticket closure time 50%.
- Designed and implemented program to map unknown network topology by recursively walking administrative interfaces of all Cisco switches and routers.
- Work included deployment automation, ETL, maintenance chores, and similar work.
- Developed ORM and forum component and integrated against other developers' projects.